Thursday, May 19, 2011

Love Letters...how they should look



For the (few) men that read my blog, in case you ever wanted to know what a love letter is supposed to look like, refer to the below.  This is just a little something I whipped up.  In today's world of Skype, text messaging and Facebook posts, nothing says "I care" like a good old-fashioned love letter.  Fellas, you'd be surprised at how something like this can make a woman weak in the knees.  Women are as complex as the day is long, but ultimately we all want attention and devotion from our spouse, especially the kind immortalized in a letter we can re-read over and over again when we're down and out and you're not around to whisper sweet nothings.

Should I have any secret admirers out there in cyber space, please feel free to send a letter similar to this with your actual sentiments in lieu of my made up ones.  If you're decent and have a good heart, this could get you some play—possibly.





May 19, 2011


To my dearest [insert name here],

I just wanted to take the time to express my ever increasing amazement at you via prose.  The more time I spend with you, the more I can’t get enough of your wit, your smile and your infectious laugh.  Not only are you beautiful and smart, but also so spirited and passionate.  Your devotion to your family and friends showcases your inherent maternal instincts and beautifully displays your warm heart.  I know how special I feel to see this side of you.  To those who don’t know you, you come off as guarded and brash, but I know the real [insert name here] and just how kind she is.

My love, I hope this letter doesn’t unnerve you and make you think I’m an obsessive psycho.  My sentiments are very strong, but only because you are a very strong individual and deserve nothing less.  You’ve shared some of your past with me and no disrespect to your exes, but what we have is stronger than anything either of us has ever experienced before.  My love for you grows each day and hopefully you can say the same.

The purpose of this letter is to let you know how ardently I love and admire you.  I love the way you roll your eyes at me when I say something stupid.  I love that you wear layers even in the summer because you have a fear of the cold.  You over plan, fixate on minor details, and I love you for that.  I love that you’re almost never too angry to laugh.  I love your candor and how you encourage the same from me.  Your high expectations of me inspire me to be a better version of myself each and every day.  Your touch is soft and gentle and a hug from you always makes the day better.  I love that you go out of your way to be “trill”, but make no promises to ever be a ride or die chick because you know you deserve better than someone who would ever get “caught up”.  I love how off the beaten path you are with your thoughts.  You always say the most interesting things, mostly to get a rise out of me and others around you.  As caring and devoted as you are to your loved ones, you always set aside time for yourself and your needs.  For the most part, you are pretty low-maintenance with your beauty regimen and I appreciate your lack of affectation because it allows the true beauty within to shine through.

So far my love letter to you has been pretty formal and I did this intentionally so you would know how seriously I mean each and every word.  Right now, I’m going to take a page out of your book and keep it 900: Baby, you the best!  Beyond that, there are no more words.  I’m looking forward to a lifetime with you (hopefully).

Truly and deeply,

Your #1 fan

No comments:

Post a Comment